April 23, 2019 minutes
Documents & Links:
City of Green River
460 East Main Street, Green River, Utah
Planning Commission Minutes
Tuesday, April 23, 2019
ATTENDING: Kim McFarlane, Don Meadows, Royd Hatt and Stephanie Crabtree; Employees, Conae Black, from the Association of Governments Michael Bryant
ABSENT: Kent Johnson
CONDUCTING: Chair, Royd Hatt, the meeting began at 6:38 p.m.
ORDER OF BUSINESS:
1. Discuss/approve/deny minutes for March 26, 2019 regular meeting. MOTION: Royd Hatt made a motion to approve the minutes for March 26, 2019. Don Meadows seconded the motion. VOTE: Kim McFarlane, Don Meadows, Royd Hatt and Stephanie Crabtree voted aye. The motion carried.
2. Discuss/approve/deny amended site plan for Holiday Inn Express. Trenton Brown, from Sunrise Engineering, joined the meeting by telephone. He stated there were some additional rooms added to the project. There will now be 87 guest rooms. With that there needed to be some additional parking so the parking area has been modified to accommodate for the 87 rooms with 4 more additional spaces for employees. The entrance/exit, drainage, curbing and utilities stayed the same. MOTION: Don Meadows made a motion to approve the amended site plan as presented. Kim McFarlane requested an amendment to the motion to require a disaster mitigation and operation plan to be included. Don Meadows amended his motion to include Kim McFarlane’s suggestion. Kim McFarlane seconded the motion. VOTE: Kim McFarlane, Don Meadows, Royd Hatt and Stephanie Crabtree voted aye. The motion carried.
3. Discussion on allowing manufactured homes in RV Parks. Conae Black said two RV Parks has had an inquiry from Love’s to move in manufactured homes. She and Steph Crabtree reviewed the request and determined that each park owner would need to provide a site plan showing where the manufactured homes would be placed, where the utility hook-ups would be, the set-backs between each home, the parking and the driveways. The other members of the Planning Commission were in agreement with those requests.
4. Review subdivision ordinance. Conae Black asked the Planning Commission to review and become familiar with the subdivision ordinance because of the proposed subdivision that has previously been submitted.
5. Set date for public hearing to amend the zoning map. There was some discussion on the best time to hold the public hearing. It was decided to hold it on the same date and time as the City Council meeting. The next City Council meeting will be May 11, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.
6. Adjourn. The meeting adjourned at 7:52 p.m.
Royd Hatt, Chair Conae Black, City Recorder
Approved: June 25, 2019