Public Works Crew Member
Green River City is hiring for
Public Works Crew Member
Date Prepared: June 29. 2020
Department: Public Works and Maintenance
Wage: $12.61 - $15.44 an hour or more depending on experience
Full time with benefits
Send Resumes, Cover Letter and Applications to the office of the City Administrator.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY 4:00 P.M. ON July 10, 2020
Conae Black, Green River City Administrator/Recorder
460 East Main Street
PO Box 620
Green River, Utah 84525
Purpose: To operate and maintain the City of Green River water, sewer, streets, storm drains, parks, grounds, equipment and city owned buildings. Maintain compliance with the rules and regulations of the State of Utah.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and repair city owned property that includes municipal buildings, streets, parks and park playgrounds, storm drains, airport facilities and museum.
- Clean, flush and rod-out sewers
- Cut and patch street surfaces as required, snow removal and street sweeping
- Repair and maintain city vehicles, tools, and equipment (trucks, mowers, graders, etc.)
- Manage all equipment operations
- Performs activities related to the water and sewer system such as participate in meter reading, water and sewer service connections and repairs to the water and sewer system
- Handle emergency repair work of city roads, sewer and water systems
- General labor (spray weeds, shovel, etc.)
- Other duties as directed
Knowledge and experience:
- A minimum of Water Treatment III and Distribution I Certification or ability to obtain certification
- Will be required to have a high school diploma/GED and one to three months of training/experience in maintenance
- Will be required to have communication skills to coordinate city maintenance with co-workers
- Will be required to have math skills
- Will be required to have CDL drivers’ license or obtain one
- Ability to operate equipment and/or tools used for building and street maintenance
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor in varied assignments
Interpersonal and Communication Skills:
Will be required to communicate with co-workers, and supervisor to coordinate city maintenance efforts. Must be able to read and write for tracking equipment and parts.
Physical Requirements and work environment:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is in a variety of settings and may be subject to diverse weather conditions, confined spaces, work near moving mechanical parts, possible exposure to infections or diseases such as typhoid and dysentery while cleaning equipment or shoveling sludge, and the presence of hazardous gases such as methane, chlorine, hydrogen sulfide, and carbon monoxide. You will be subject to electrical shock, loud noises, battery acids, and hydraulic fluids while working around motors and pumps. You will be expected to adhere to prescribed safety practices and use safety equipment (some may be uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time) such as face shields, gloves, hard-toe shoes, respirators, and protective clothing. The employee is often required to lift up to 50 pounds, sit, use hands to handle tools and controls, reach with the hands and arms, climb/balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk and hear, while working on maintenance projects.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled