The City of Green River is looking for a full time Ordinance Officer (this includes city wide ordinance, state wide ordinances, animal control ordinances) with full benefits.
Salary will range from $12.00 to $15.00 an hour depending on experience. Please send a resume and application to Green River City Hall, P.O. Box 620, 460 East Main Street, Green River, Utah 84525 or email to email@example.com. THIS POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED but resumes/applications cut off date will be on August 7, 2015. All resumes/applications are appreciated; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with code enforcement regulations.
- Understand city/state/county codes.
- Able to bring those in violation into compliance.
- Able to work with all businesses and citizens and help find solutions to come into compliance.
- Ensure complete and accurate processing code enforcement complaints.
- Ability to: secure facts, document information, evaluate data and draw valid conclusions.
- Work a variety of hours.
- Conduct inspections in all types of weather under varying conditions.
- Lift objects (including animals) over 25lbs.
- Obtain and maintain proper certifications.
- Capture and remove stray, uncontrolled, or abused animals from undesirable conditions, using nets, nooses, or any other devices necessary.
- Investigate various reports dealing with animals (attacks, cruelty) and ordinance complaints.
- Issue warnings or citations in connection with animal-related offenses and general City/State ordinances.
- Maintain animal shelter and when necessary provide food, shelter, water and possible transport to County shelter.
- Be self-motivated, able to see problems and create a solution.
- All other duties as directed.
- Report to Council member over this department and to the Mayor.
Knowledge and Experience
- A background in law enforcement and ordinance control will be a plus, but not a requirement.
- Will be required to have a high school diploma/GED.
- Will be required to have expertise on a computer.
- Will be required to have excellent communications skills for working with businesses, citizens, City employees, City Council and Mayor.
- Will be required to have basic math skills.
- Ability to maintain the animal shelter in humane conditions by being able to work with equipment/tools for the shelter.