Changes in the Election Laws
The City of Green River will hold a Municipal Election on November 5, 2013. Offices up for election are the following:
(2) City Council Member 4 year term
At the 2013 Legislation a change was made in the election laws. The filing period to declare that you will be running for a Municipal office is June 3rd thru June 7th. You must file with the City Recorder, Conae Black, at Green River City Hall, 460 East Main Street during regular office hours which are 8:00 am thru 4:00 pm.
Qualifications for a candidate are:
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be a resident of the municipality.
- Must be a registered voter of the municipality.